Monday, July 1, 2013

Too Early For This



Writing yesterday went pretty well for the most part, although I had to start over yet again. This time, though, what I was churning out I got the feeling that it wasn’t bad – just premature. It belongs in the story, I think, but it was way too soon to throw it in. There’s some other stuff that has to happen first. The main character has to get some allies, some better equipment, and – well, he needs to have some character development and actually find the main plot first. (Basically, he was dropped from our world into another, given a few pieces of equipment and then pretty much abandoned to figure what he has to do by himself.). So I re-worked it for a third time now and I think that this time I’ve gotten it right. Cross your fingers and we’ll know soon enough. 

I am thinking that I’m going to sink another thirty minutes into the project as soon as this is done – this procrastination is getting silly. I need to specify that one of my thirty minute sessions needs to be in the morning, and another in the afternoon. (Though I’d prefer to handle three or more at this stage.). It will be finished, I swear it!

On another note (and this actually happened several days ago, but I forgot to mention it), I’ve added an extra column in my spreadsheet, specifying what I was doing during the sessions – editing, or writing? I’m also thinking that I should maybe add another column, where I specify the main project I’m working on – this, at the beginning of a new month, would be a good time to tackle it. That’s about all I have to say in relation to how the writing is going today.

Thanks for reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment