Thursday, July 11, 2013

Another Entry, Another Day



No, I did not write a comic script last night, which I had mentioned was something I was thinking about. I instead elected to begin expanding the short I wrote (check the July 5th entry – or whichever blog entry mentions “The Tomb Robber” short story.). It turned out interestingly; though I’m not quite done with the first chapter yet – should be done today and I can get moving on chapter two. 

I had some other thoughts as well, these pertaining more to the chart I keep showing my daily progress: the thought occurred to me to add a Time to my writing, so I can see when I’m writing each day. Maybe that will get me to start the main writing earlier in the day. Procrastination-wise, I did in fact write earlier than I normally did last about – ending the first session at nine-something and then starting the second session at 10:15 PM (or somewhere around there.). So…yeah. They’re closer together, but not consecutive as of yet.
I’m also thinking that it might be time to bump up the timer again, this time all the way up to 40 minutes. I’ve decided that I’m probably going to cap it at an hour, just keep gradually building till we get there. I’m hoping to be at that stage – where an hour is a usual session – by the time NaNoWriMo rolls around, but we’ll see. I may adjust things as I think I need to it. 

I’m also planning on sharing this story with a few people I trust, get feedback and build it up. There’s some interesting backstory tidbits that appeared in the first chapter – well, mostly one tidbit: there’s apparently a war going on in this setting at the moment, and all of the seasoned warriors and soldiers in this kingdom have been drafted by the King to fight. The nobles (those who weren’t selected to fight, that is) are forced to make do with cut-rate guards and greenies who barely know how to wield a sword. I’m pretty interested in where this goes and I’m going to get it done. I think having feedback on a regular basis will help a lot.
Also: today, I will draw up some maps hopefully, get an idea of where stuff is located spatially. I think I will enjoy this, all in all. It will, in fact, be finished. 

I started this one largely because I didn’t want to wait for NaNo and because I think it would be better to start off with a standalone novel, then an entire series right off the bat. I do plan to try and get published one day, after all.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment