Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Possibly a Comic Script...



Let me see…yesterday’s session went well enough, I reckon. I’m not sure how much longer I have on chapter three, but I’ve been thinking to boldly write the chapters from as a comic book script. The more I work on these things, the more I can’t help but think that this story would be better served by being a comic, instead of a novel. I can’t quite put a finger on why, but I had visuals circulating around in my head while I worked on it. So that may be today’s writing session. 

Even if nothing comes of it, it’ll be a nice chance for me to broaden my horizons, experiment with some different media; I’ve never really done anything beyond a full novel. I’m also wondering – is it a bit premature to tackle a full-fledged series right away? I’m going to keep on writing this thing, regardless, whether it be a script for a comic (or webcomic) or whatever,  and then maybe have another project going – a single, standalone novel that I can start looking at trying to get published. 

It would probably be an expansion of the first short story I posted on the blog – “The Tomb Robber”, more about Gareth and more about this interesting mythology, the King and his Guardian Queen and the end of the world and whatnot. But we’ll just see where things eventually take us. 

Returning to my other project for a moment, I’m also thinking that I need to sit down and write some character profiles, get to know these people. I’ve been thinking that I might set a template to use – go into physical description, personality, special powers, strengths and weaknesses, whatever. I have something similar I made at one point – a plot planner, as it were to help me channel my creative energies into something constructive, to be used whenever I’m feeling like I have writer’s block. Just a way to help think about things and concentrate.

And I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I am going to work on adding a full thirty minute session in the mornings from now on – I keep procrastinating and what happens I don’t get to my writing till ten or eleven at night. What I really need to do is sharply curtail my internet usage and just jump right in. I also want to start making at two of the sessions consecutive – I write them back to back. 

At the moment, it’s pretty draining to write just one, but I to eventually to bump it up and get to it again. Eventually, I want to be at a point where a full hour IS one session, instead of these two thirty minute blocks I’ve been managing now. That’s all I have to say. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment